Sunday, April 25, 2010

DVDs from Peggy Kroll Roberts



I bought a set of 6 DVDs from Peggy Kroll Roberts. I like her high key paintings and brushwork.

The DVDs are based on a single assignment.You work on one task at a time and that makes the difference.

I read recently Vilppu's "Drawing Manual" where he writes about the pace of learning and what his approach is based on. In the book Vilppu refers to Alexander Marchack who was commissioned by NASA in 1963 to write a book to explain how man reached that point to make it possible to land a moon. Marchack's research allowed him to make a conclusion that "one of the basic elements that distinguishes man from most other animals is his ability to think in sequence....in his discussion he talks about how impossible the task of sending a man to the moon is when considered as a whole, but taken as a series of small steps or problems, it becomes possible"

I could not agree more.

I am looking forward to doing the assignments.

No comments: